Discovery Toys HAMMER AWAY Toy: REVIEW and GIVEAWAY!
I'm always searching for new toys for "Easy" that keeps his interest AND are educational. When I (well..."Easy") got the chance to review a toy from Discovery Toys I was excited because I knew their toys encouraged hands on learning. We chose the HAMMER AWAY! toy and boy am I glad we did! "Easy" LOVES it!
The HAMMER AWAY! Toy is geared for toddlers 19 months and older. This is the age where they start playing much more rambunctiously. They explain that this age group "will likely enjoy carrying objects, pounding things, pushing, pulling, opening, and closing everything they can." This is so true. "Easy" being very boy loves to pound and try to destroy everything. So when I pulled this boat out of the box for him to pound away on he was very excited!


The first thing I immediately noticed about this toy is the quality. It is durable plastic and very vibrant, fun colors. After all, QUALITY IS THEIR MOTTO! My sister-in-law shared with me that her first boy got the same HAMMER AWAY! toy when he was a toddler...10 years ago! She said that all 4 of her kids have played with it and that it hasnt chipped, cracked, or even faded! She even mentioned that she's still able to buy replacement balls for it. WOW.
Here are the Child Development Benefits of the HAMMER AWAY!
- Pounding provides an excellent opportunity for whole body development.
- Aiming for the balls when pounding and catching them as they roll down the ramp requires lots of coordination of hands and eyes.
- Matching colored balls to rings helps teach color and basic concepts such as "same" and "different." This is a good language development activity. (I was impressed that "Easy" matched the colors up right away!)
- Pounding produces the rolling action- which is a cause-and-effect relationship. Learning about cause and effect is the gateway to problem-solving.
My boy got this toy a week ago and he plays with it EVERYDAY! I'm very impressed with how this toy engages him and excites him. I can't wait to try out other products Discovery Toys have to offer.
The most awesome part... they're giving away one HAMMER AWAY! toy to a lucky reader!!! All you have to do is go to this Discovery Toys website, take a look around, and leave a comment on this post telling me another product that you like. Please include an email address on the first comment to contact you.
For additional entries:
- Follow my blog.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Follow Keri on Twitter who is sponsoring this giveaway!
- Join her Discovery Toys Facebook group.
- Put my button on your blog.
- (2) extra entries for blogging about this giveaway. Make sure you leave the link.
Phew... that's a lot of extra eligible entries! Make sure you leave separate comments for each telling me you did so. Also, remember if you are already follow or have my button that counts and be sure to leave a comment for that as well. The contest ends Friday May, 15th. The winner will be chosen randomly. Good Luck!








82 comments:
I like the CASTLE MARBLEWORKS.
erica_haggins@hotmail.com
I am a follower
Following Keri on twitter.
Following you on twitter.
I grabbed your button :)
My son LOVED that toy!!! Hours and hours of play and headache!!!
We have the same toy and LOVE it, my oldest is 5 and will still play with it some times.
The hammer toy looks like a blast! I also love the zip track! thanks
onecheaplady@yahoo.com
Well, I'm not entering b/c I really don't need anything for my "old" girls. Just saying hi and telling you your boy is a doll. :)
My son used to play with that toy in therpay and loved it.I would loev to have it again.I am a follower
Wow. SO many great things there for Tristan to use in therapy!
I love the Tangiball, The Giant Pegboard, and the Stacking Cups!
Plus more!
Tweeted the giveaway
http://twitter.com/palmersf/status/1733880653
Following Keri on twitter now
I follow your blog!
My little man would love those stacking cups!
You have a new follower!
Keri has a new follower too!
The BATHTIME BUGS look like fun and my daughter loves bathtime!
saradavis1 at gmail
follow on blogger
follow Keri on twitter SaraMama
follow you on twitter SaraMama
had fun at #MNO-09!
Checking out your giveaway. I won't enter this one as my kids are way too old, but good luck to everyone else!
Those bath time bugs are soooo cute!! I had that hammer boat when my son was a baby (but we lost the balls) and we loved that toy. :) upstatemomof3(at)yahoo(dot)com
I like the EZ-BLOCKS
I am following Keri on twitter
i also like the: zip track, looks like fun!
The G-man would love The Castle Marbleworks. They have it at our library and he loves it when we can find all the parts!
Following your blog!
Following you on Twitter!
Got your button!
Following Keri on Twitter!
I also like the play and learn snail.
Just became a follower!
I think the GO GO CATERPILLAR would get alot of giggles!
thanks for the entry
Tonyamcrain [at] aol.com
I follow
I follow on twitter
I follow Keri on Twitter!
Joined the facebook group
Follow Your Blog
Follow you on Twitter
Follow Keri on Twitter
Joined her Discover Toys facebook group
Put your button on my blog
Blogged about this giveaway. ecofriendlymommy.blogspot.com
Last but not least, I would also like the Hammer Away Toy for my son. We think he would absolutely love it!
Oh, my son is almost 18 months and he loves pounding on EVERYTHING. I bet a hammer toy would thrill him. And possibly annoy me, but so what! :)
The Castle Marbleworks looks sweet. Thanks for the chance!
I follow you on twitter.
evolvingmommy@gmail.com
I follow Kari on Twitter. I am @evolvingmommy
I like the BATHTIME BUGS
sylviawhit@gmail.com
I like the play and learn snail
I would have to pick the EZ Blocks and it is totally (not) a coincidence that I pick something with Easy's name in it. :) LOL
nateandjakesmom at gmail dot com
I am a follower on your blog.
nateandjakesmom at gmail dot com
I follow you on Twitter (kariellen).
nateandjakesmom at gmail dot com
I follow Keri on Twitter (kariellen).
nateandjakesmom at gmail dot com
i like the marbleworks sets. thanks
My son would love this! I love the stacking cups from the site!
mandee220(at)aol(dot)com
Flip Flop faces looks fun. I think my daughter would love it.
i like the bathtime bugs
follow you on twitter as lovinmykiddos
follow Keri on twitter as lovinmykiddos
melissa.barnes76(at)yahoo(dot)com
I can only imagine the fun my boy would have with the zip track! Follow you on twitter. Thanks!
I dig the Twisty Bug!
follow u on twitter (kgail11)
follow Keri on twitter
blog follower
ABC & 123 Wipe Clean Workbooks look great!
mariadelgado32302 at yahoo dot com
I follow your blog!
mariadelgado32302 at yahoo dot com
I follow you on Twitter.
Mariakins
mariadelgado32302 at yahoo dot com
I follow Keri on Twitter!
mariakins
mariadelgado32302 at yahoo dot com
I joined her Facebook group!
mariadelgado32302 at yahoo dot com
Your button is on my blog!
http://mariadelgado32302.blogspot.com
mariadelgado32302 at yahoo dot com
I blogged this!
http://mariadelgado32302.blogspot.com/2009/05/win-it_10.html
mariadelgado32302 at yahoo dot com
I like the WORKING TRIO Dump Trucks.
brewerchickey78(at)yahoo.com
I am following your blog.
brewerchickey78(at)yahoo.com
I am following you on twitter.
brewerchickey78(at)yahoo.com
I am following Keri on twitter.
brewerchickey78(at)yahoo.com
I"d love the MARBLEWORKS® Deluxe Set
I like the WORKING TRIO Dump Trucks
moodykelly(at)gmail(dot)com
I have your button on my blog
moodykelly(at)gmail(dot)com
I follow your blog
moodykelly(at)gmail(dot)com
I follow you on tiwtter
moodykelly(at)gmail(dot)com
Post a Comment