Thursday, May 21, 2009

Aloha Friday

"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response." To participate just post your own question on your blog, head over to An Island Life, and fill out her linky. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!


This has been a long week. I'm so glad that we are actually home for this long Memorial weekend! We're never home on the weekends. I purposely planned and marked our calendar to go no where for these 3 days. We live in the most beautiful area. And the summer times here are the best. This weekend we have our sister and brother-in-law staying with us. The only thing we have on our agenda is some beach time, bbqing, church, go for some runs, and relaxation.

My question:

What are your Memorial Weekend plans? Some sunshine I hope...

post signature

28 comments:

Heather

We don't have big plans! Crazy, huh? But, we leave for an international vacation on Tuesday, so we're relaxing this weekend.

Eco-Friendly Mommy

We'll be packing, cleaning, and packing! Taking advantage of the 3 day weekend to get stuff done for the big move!

Amy and her little family

sunshine indeed! Probably heading the park for a picnic :)

Michelle @Flying Giggles

We have two graduation parties, a confirmation and a birthday party to go to. Monday we are going to the beach.

A Christian Mom

Normally, we'd cook out with my Uncle, but he's going away this year. How dare him! lol We're just staying home & having our own little cookout.

Dee

Nothing much. Hubby comes back from his business trip on Sun. I was going to Atlanta with my family but my grandma moved to rehab so my aunt is coming in town b/c grandma isn't "being good"! :)

Amy Clary

We're laying low this weekend and will bbq it up with the family on memorial day.
(ANOTHER trip to my in-laws...huff...at least my parents and grandparents will be there.) :)

Anonymous

I asked this question also. I may have to work this weekend so not sure. If not going out to my dads, BBQ, kids playing, having a great time with family!

Erin @ Closing Time

We will mostly be packing to move!

I am Harriet

It always rains here. Don't know why.
I'm cleaning out my pool this weekend.

Jennifer

Hopefully we'll have some sunshine, too.

Yardwork, yard sales, relaxing and grilling is on the agenda. =)

Happy Friday!

Evolving Mommy Catherine

I am with you, we are planning on just spending some time taking it easy this weekend.

Abby

Not a lot of plans. Just relaxing at home, getting some stuff done, maybe some yard work. I am hoping it will be nice outside!

Carol

I work on Friday nights - so, I'll work til 2:30am and then get up with my grandson's at 5:30 and we're going camping for the weekend!!
It should be fun, hope there is some nice weather!!
Have a great weekend!

Becca

I am out of town taking care of my grandparents but I really want to get $1 flip flops at Old Navy tomorrow.

Beth @ TheAngelForever

No major plans here. Trying to catch up on things that were not done before and during our Disney vacation last week. Depending on how we feel and the weather we may test out our season passes to Six Flags.

Tara

We haven't even discussed plans yet.. but I am going to corner my husband tonight and decide something lol

Mamatoosi

no big plans, either! we may be heading down south a little to visit some new beaches, but a little afraid of traffic! Oh, and cleaning the bathroom and floors. I've been putting it off this week. :)

Cecily R

No plans. I like it that way. There is something really nice about kicking off the summer with some real bona fide relaxation. :)

Thanks for your commment on my blog!

AudreyO

I'm spending the weekend with my parents. They are about 100 miles away.

Country Mouse, City Mouse

Our long weekend was last weekend. But, I will tell you what we are doing this weekend...dance recitals. One tonight, two tomorrow and one on Sunday! Phew!!

Kekibird

I get to have a date night! We're seeing Star Trek. Then I have a meetup with some mommy friends and then a pool party.

Can someone say busy??

Anonymous

No big plans! Hubby is working and I'm suffering from an ovarian cyst -- I will find out next week if I have to have surgery.

Suzy

We're forecast sunny & warm weather and I'll be running in a 26 mile marathon on Sunday! Woot woot! I'm excited and ready!

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

A Psych Mommy

Hopefully a picnic at Balboa Park, then some cleaning!

Erica

Sounds like you have the right idea. My kind of weekend plans. Happy VGNO

Megan

As far as I know, nothing. We will bbq likely and I think we might be going out to dinner with my dad/stepmom on Monday, but that's it (aside from Church, on Sunday, too). It's supposed to be a gorgeous weekend too! SO excited!

Unknown

It's supposed to rain here all weekend. :(

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Design by Indelible Creations May 2009

Jump to TOP