The Stress Eater Diet Book Review and Giveaway!

I was given the opportunity to read a new book out called The Stress Eater Diet. Being a first time stay at home mother to a toddler boy I feel stressed... OFTEN! So naturally I wanted to find out what this book was about and see if I fit the description? The Stress Eater Diet was written by Robert Posner, M.D. and Linda Hlivka. This book targets women who tend to eat a lot and unhealthily when stressed.
Based on new published research, The Stress Eater Diet is a "revolutionary program that can help rid you of stress and control your weight through a proven nutritional and simple exercise plan. It will reduce stress eating while balancing your mood and increasing your energy."
The Stress Eater Diet combines: Nutrition, Stress Relieving Exercise, Calming Techniques, and Serotonin boosting foods (activating calming mood sensors in the brain)
After reading the book I've realized that I'm not a stress eater. I have also been in athletics my whole life so I have those life skills. On the other hand, I have seen how many women are effected by "stress-induced mass consumption", and think that this book is a helpful tool for those looking to find a starting point. Helpful habits such as exercising frequently, drinking a lot of water, and eating well balanced nutritious meals are all discussed. This is not a book for those that are already well versed in nutrition and dietary needs, but could be very encouraging for those needing a starting point as there isn't a lot of medical jargon. This book is simple and to the point. I like that. There are some easy techniques to follow that I feel could be helpful to many different readers. I definitely think its worth reading. If you're not sure whether or not you are a stress eater, the book as well as the website has a quiz you can take to determine if you fall into this category of emotional eating. They also have a blog that I found helpful with good topics.
Now for the good part... A GIVEAWAY! Leave a comment on this post and tell me your favorite way to relieve stress and you will be entered to win a copy of The Stress Eater Diet book.
For additional entries:
- follow my blog
- follow me on twitter
- put my button on your blog
- and (2) extra entries for blogging about this giveaway (be sure to leave the link.)
Make sure you leave separate comments for each telling me you did so. The contest ends Tuesday, March 3rd. The winner will be selected randomly.








85 comments:
Oh...I think I need this book. How do I relieve stress...other than blogging of course? I have discovered that sewing is becoming a great outlet for me. For me to sew well I have to be focussed on what I am working on I have to put everything else from my mind.
And I have your button on my sidebar
I follow you on twitter
My fave way to relieve stress is to lock myself in the bathroom for a few minutes :) Really!
I follow!
Well, eating. Sorry. But I also like a great massage.
I follow you on twitter.
My favorite way to relieve stress is by running. I don't always want to do it, but I feel better when I do!
Hello, my name is Danielle and I am a Stress Eater.
The last couple of weeks have been so hard trying to eat healthy and I blame added stress of my husbands job situation.
My favorite way to relieve stress is to shop.
Oh my, I cant relate to stress eating!! Usually though I throw on my MP3 player and find something to do, i.e. clean, laundry, etc... or I just kick back & listen to music. My son usually listens with me, his favorite is Led Zepplin.
I also like to crochet, and cross-stitch.
Take care! ;0)
By the way cool blog site, love all the pic's of you and your 'guys'.
Is drinking a good way to relieve stress? kidding.......
I scrapbook, go to the gym, talk on the phone, blog or HIDE!
This book is mine to win...I hope. One of the ways I relieve stress is by blogging:)
Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha
Im not a stress eater but always stressed...I come here and write or go out with the family and take pictures of them. ;)
I relieve stress by running. I'm not sure if it is the exercise or the fact that my kids are restrained in the jogging stroller for 30 minutes that relieves my stress, but it works! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I wish I could say that I relieve stress by working out or something productive but I'd have to say I relieve stress by baking!
your auntie does yoga & meditation, stop and take a breath, and realize you can't control everything in your life, and if your kids color on the wall tell them how beautiful it is and expalin that now the wall has to be painted and next time put it on paper so you can save it forever!!, just stop and be happy your alive and take time to enjoy who you have become
I'm interested! I don't know if I'm a stress eater or not, but I'd be curious to find out. Thanks for sharing...
I follow your blog!
I stalk you on Twitter (haha, just kidding)
My favorite way to relieve stress is to go on a walk outside and take some nature pictures. If its winter or bad weather I usually will listen to some calming music. Thanks for entering me.
I like to put my MP3 player on and just little to some tunes for a bit. Thanks for the chance to win.
Scrappylori at gmail dot com
I am a stress eater and obviously my way of getting rid of stress is eating. This book would be wonderful since I am trying to change my eating habits and I have started walking on the treadmill everyday.
I follow
I grabbed your button for my sidebar
I put you on my blog list on my sidebar.
I am off now to blog about this book
Oh how this would be useful for me.
The way I deal with stress is I knit and when the weather is wonderful (it has not been around here of late) is I go out and take a walk.
Best stress releiver ever is hot bubble baths and wine!! :)
cassandra@aubut.net
Yoga or go out driving...
Nothing like a unrushed shower or bubble bath to relax.
WOW! I took the quiz and got a 28. I need this book.
The other day when I was stressed I jumped onto the elliptical machine and worked out for 20 mins. I have also cleaned to relieve stress.
Open a bag of chips ... LOL Ok that is the bad me the good me loves to cook just to look and then take it to the daycare so they can eat it ;). Also taking a walk during warmer days is a great way :). Thank you!
I put your button on my blog.
I have to sleep to relieve stress or go in a quite place and close my eyes. Smoke too, which I shouldn't do!
I sent a request to follow you on twitter, palmersf
When I want to destress I pray and then curl up with a good book...
bettinawellmaker at gmail dot com
Oh I want, need, gotta have this book!
I love to break old mis matched dishes when I have had too much stress. I have a safe place outside to throw them. Listen to the satisfying sound of the smashing to smitherings. Of course when I am done I do have to sweep up the mess. But it helps!!!
Ok not productive but I actually get dishes at garage sales to keep just for this purpose.
I'm following you! ;-)
I would take a long drive to relieve stress. Put in a CD with old 80's tunes and sing too :)
I desperately need this book. I am certainly a stress eating. My favorite stress reliever is taking a nice long and VERY HOT shower.
I put in a request to follow you on Twitter (Lori72) :)
I posted your giveaway on my blog :)
http://lori72.blogspot.com/2009/02/giveaway-at-mommy-momo.html
entry #1
I posted about your giveaway :)
http://lori72.blogspot.com/2009/02/giveaway-at-mommy-momo.html
entry #2
YAHOO!! Please count me in!!! I am now following your blog!
I really would l♥ve to win this book! I just posted about it on the top right corner of my blog!
I'm entering. Come see mine!
E's canvas is on the Oh, Snap! blog, actually. I just need to mail it and I PROMISE I will next week. Promise.
i talk to my best girlfriend and if that doesn't work.....I make a date with Captain Morgan!!!
I love the idea of this book. I blog and eat to relieve stress.
I also have a GIVEAWAY going, so come on over and enter!
I definately need this! Over the stressful course of buying my 1st house by myself I put on 25 pounds!! I try and relax with a glass of wine and a good book.
Great giveaway!
I am a new follower! =)
I would love this book!!!!!
Scrapbooking late night use to be my way to relieve stress but lately it is catching up on all the seasons of Greys Anatomy via Netflix....I am hooked and stress free at the moment!!!!!:)
BTW...thanks for commenting on my blog!!
I am a follower!!!!!!!!
I'd love to read this book! I relieve stress by packing up the double stroller and going for a walk!
LOL. Okay, my favorite way to relieve stress is to......EAT! I totally need this book!
what a great giveaway!! unfortunately to relieve stress its either eating or crying for me
thanks for entering me in the giveaway
betty
lv2trnscrb@aol.com
What a great give-away! Thanks for hosting. I am not sure if I eat due to stress...it seems like such a normal part of my life...much like eating! :)
Wanted to let you know that we passed a bit of award love your way:
http://3baybchicks.blogspot.com/2009/03/man-up.html
Check it out when you have a chance.
-Francesca
Working in health care I annoyed some people with my take on the whole stress eating complaint. The concept & the reality of it, have been around for a long time, but the truth is, many people who eat under stress also eat when bored or when experiencing normal life stressors we go thru every day. Comfort/stress eaters eat for many many reasons, including reward & anger &...I could go on, but :-)
I found your blog thru Francesca, who just gave you an award.
~Mary
I am taking your button.
I think for me I need to take a step back and breath deep and try to clear my mind.
Blogging and eating chocolate calm me down.....so does Prayer. And I would love to win this book.
and I follow you.
I'm a SAHM of four & I NEED this book! If I was being totally honest I would say my fav way to relieve stress was to get on the phone w/my BFF & vent?! I've started working out again & I'm trying to make that my fav stress reliever : )
Thanks for the giveaway!
I'm now a follower : )
I've requested to follow you on Twitter : )
When I am stressed I eat so I am pretty sure this book is for me! LOL. I also call a friend to talk about things usually feel better after talking!
I follow this blog
I requested to follow you on twitter!
Shopping!
I am such a stress eater, and with 5 kids it's easy to see why!
livingmyhappilyeverafter at yahoo
I follow your blog
livingmyhappilyeverafter at yahoo
I requested to follow you on twitter user: livingmyhappily
livingmyhappilyeverafter at yahoo
I am totally a stress eater! I eat gummy candy like crazy when I'm stressed! And ice cream. It's not a good thing! LOL!
I am following you on Twitter! Just Jingle
I am following you! Stalk-stalk...
This book looks like exactly what I am looking for! I am currently reading a book called, "Life Is Hard, Food is Easy"--in an attempt to find something else besides food to medicate!!!
Being a SAHM to a 3 year old and also babysits another 3 year old I too get stressed a lot. Unfortunately I am a stress eater, my downfall being chocolate while the kids are napping.
Great BLog design. I'm now a follower! I probably fall into that terrible stress eater category. Unless of course there's a bored eater category then I fall into both!
To relieve stress I tend to clean! and eat! I know that's bad but the way i figure it I'm atleast getting exercise.
My favorite way to relieve stress is to meditate. It really seems to help when I clear my mind. Although sometimes, with 2 children meditating can be impossible
yzgirl4[at]verizon[dot]net
I follow
yzgirl4[at]verizon[dot]net
my favorite way to relieve stress is to paint
moodykelly(at)gmail(dot)com
I follow your blog
moodykelly(at)gmail(dot)com
I follow you on twitter
moodykelly(at)gmail(dot)com
I have your button on my blog
moodykelly(at)gmail(dot)com
Post a Comment