Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Fall!


Fall is about feeling refreshed. Not too hot, not too cold and how can you not like the colors? I don’t know if there is a prettier time of year? The colors of the leaves begin to change, the sky seems to be bluer, and the evenings are crisp and cool. For us So-Cal people, we can finally start shutting off the A/C at the house and save some money. Hehe. Even though its such a teaser. Some days its nice and cool, but those hot ones are still sneaking in. I love waking up in the cool mornings. For some reason I find it easier to wake up and greet the day with a smile. I love the holiday season upon us. We went to the Avila Valley Barn this weekend in San Luis Obispo and it got me excited about fall! Its the neatest place with a little zoo, homemade ice cream, lots of fresh fruits and veggies, hay mazes, and a huge pumpkin patch! Besides the weather changing, it got me thinking about a few of my favorite things about Fall...

Soups and stews and comfort foods, yum. I will post some great recipes soon!

"Easy's" cold cheeks and runny nose when he plays outside.

Pumpkin pie

Fall scented candles-pumpkin spice, ginger, cinnamon, etc..

Snuggling up in a cozy sweater

Bonfires

Ciders, hot cocoa, and of course my coffee. Which reminds me...the seasonal pumpkin spice creamer flavor comes out soon! If not already? YES!

Season premieres-We don't get to watch much TV, but we have a few favorite shows that are coming back! The Office, 30 rock, Lost...oh my!

Warm homemade applesauce

The holidays! Halloween and Thanksgiving...which lead to Christmas! I can hardly stand it!!!

I'm so cheesy and I LOVE putting "Easy" in PJ's that match the season or holiday! So much fun. Here he is in his Halloween PJ's. Oh...and stay tuned, he's gonna be the cutest lil' giraffe for Halloween EVER!
Gosh, we need to move ASAP so I can decorate already! Its killing me. I want to make my home all fall'd out!

6 comments:

Married for Keeps

Had a blast this weekend - thanks so much for giving us another SoCalWinski "fix"!

The Mrs.

YOur son is so adorble!!! Where did you get those PJS!? Have to get them for Landon!!! I love the cooler weather too! Went to the pumpkin patch Sunday!

MOMMY-MOMO

Thanks! I got them awhile back. Thinking Kohls or target? Always on a look out for holiday pj's cause when it gets closer they're impossible to find!

Mamatoosi

Cute pics! Fall is my favorite time of year, too... well, it's a toss up between fall and spring :). Can't wait for recipes... always looking to try new things and add to our regulars! Just a couple of weeks ago I started typing up all our most used recipes to put them together in one book because I'm tired of rummaging through all my loose pages or handwritten notes! So, once I finally finish it up, I'll have to share it with ya in case there's anything new you'd like to try, too. We're doing the salmon recipe tonight that you told me about... I ran out of dijon, but I decided to try a little balsamic vinaigrette and soy sauce mixed with the honey and lemon and we'll see how it goes!

Anonymous

Our favorite time of year. I cant wait!

Anonymous

Oh how cute...I love the pumpkin patch photo and his cute PJs.

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Design by Indelible Creations May 2009

Jump to TOP