"EASY" cuteness...
I'm LOVING my morning in my new house right now. Its so HOMEY! Sipping on my coffee, "Easy" and I are eating blueberry muffins, and beef stew in the crock pot. Oh yes, and Barney in the background. ha. Anyways, Ethan's changing in rapid speeds! Not kidding! Something new daily. He tries to copy everything we say. UH-OH. Maybe this is the time we should start watching our mouths? Anyways...
Here's some morning cuteness for ya:
So he covers Toby (our pug) with his blankie and says night-night. He thinks its the funniest thing in the world! Poor bubs he puts up with alot.
He recently started calling Joel, "Joal" Whats up with that? Isn't he a little young to be doing this already? It started a couple of days ago. Joel's like dude..."I'm Daddy!" Ha pretty cute.
Oh ya, and we have this one Barney DVD. Well, he's obsessed with it! go figure huh? Most kids are. I guess he is soothing.
And must I mention he tests everything!!! I think the terrible two's have come early? oh joy! We have an episode most times we go out in public. When I tell him "NO" he thinks its hilarious. And the more stern I get the funnier it is. And he started to do this high pitch scream. It really gets to me. Cute right? We don't spank...any advice?








7 comments:
Hm, no advice here, but when you get it write it down. I will need it in the next few years.
never spank, look the other way and when he see's that he does not have your attention he will stop, or change the subject, glad your all moved in, auntie
Probably just ignore him, it usually works with Lexi, does Ethan have a pacifier? if her screaching gets really bad we pacify her! Alexis also calls Matt, Matt all the time. I think it is hilarious! glad to see she isn't the only one!
I think Ethan might be about Cal's age? Cal is 17 months. Anyway thanks for stopping by my place! Happy new house to you. I always love those first mornings in a cozy new home. And with blueberry muffins to boot! Yum. Be sure to make some of the big boxes into a good playhouse for your little tike. :)
He is soooo cute. I think Hunter is a little older than Ethan. I will confess that I had a little problem with the word sh*t, until I had to break my self because my (then) 20 month old said it and said it and said it... I did not need to be saying that anyway...
As for the "public" thing, I think it is phase. I look at those mommies and those around 2 year differently now that I am one of them. We ignore tantrums...
Good luck, if you find any magic solution, let me know!!!
It's hard work, but keep your boundaries firm. You're right - he's testing you. Tiring I know, but when you've decided where the boundaries should be - stick to it. It'll pay off. Knowing that he's a lot like his daddy - be prepared - it's not going to get much easier - um - for awhile. You are good parents. He'll be ok. And so will you.
oh and one more thing - I am having some SERIOUS SoCalWinski withdrawals. Not sure I can make it till the 7th.
Post a Comment