Nike Reuse-a-shoe!
Not usually a huge fan of Nike. Not big on their ethics and I don't even like their running shoes. Anyways, they do have another great idea. Between Joel and I, we go through so many pairs of running shoes! Probably a couple pairs a year each. And their not cheap. The pack rat in me has a hard time getting rid of them. With all this moving and all I realized my pile of old running shoes is ridiculous and knew I couldn't, nor need to take them with me. They look in great condition, their just broken down. So it felt wasteful throwing them away. Nike came up with this great idea. Its been around for awhile, but now they are making it easier for people to do it. They're collecting worn-out athletic shoes, they process them, and the recycled material is used to make sports surfaces. Like basketball and tennis courts, playgrounds... Joel's old community college track was resurfaced in recycled running shoes and tires. Its a pretty neat idea.
For more info check out letmeplay.com and find out where you can donate your old running shoes.








3 comments:
Does this mean that I can get new shoes? I feel the need to donate the shoes that I am running with RIGHT NOW. I'll go buy new ones right now so that I can do my part.
That's good to know! I just spent $10 on a new pair of memory foam inserts for my running shoes since it was mostly the inside that was worn, but now my shoes don't feel "right." I should have just bought a new pair. :)
Weird! I just read about this program 2 days ago and my first thought was, "I need to tell MoJo about this, because they're always bummed at throwing away they're old shoes!" We are so on the same wavelength ;)
Post a Comment