Aloha Friday. June Gloom
"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response." To participate just post your own question on your blog, head over to An Island Life, and fill out her linky. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
We're at the central coast visiting with our family. We have a lot of festivities planned. We always do. The plan so far is to do some strawberry picking at a local farm, dinner out, and a huge BBQ party tomorrow with a bounce house and all! Well, we woke up this morning to a lot of rain. It looks like its going to clear up, but in the mean time we have lots of munchkins to entertain. Thinking we're gonna run to the store and get supplies for crafts and baking. With so many Lil boys in the family I'm sure there is some puddle stomping to be had.
My question:
How do you keep your kids entertained during rainy days?
Check out my current giveaways:









18 comments:
Our mall has a great toddler zone for kids. We do things around the house such as play with trains and board games, watch a movie together, playdoh, drawing and painting, or a fun craft. With father's day around the bend, a great craft would be a special gift to give. A children's museum, or an inflatable playground like Jump Zone, where you can pay a small fee for open play. Take care and I hope the weather cooperates for your party.
-Kiki
we have a great, indoor park nearby just waiting to entertain Alex. (thank goodness) other than that, I love making forts with him or reading books under a blanket with a flashlight. of course...play doh, arts and crafts, and all that too.
We don't get to many rainy days but occasionally we do a pajama and movie marathon day pullin out all the favorites, Lion King, The Incredibles etc.
When my daughter was little it wasn't hard to keep her entertained. She enjoyed all kinds of stuff like reading, watching tv or we'd play games. She was an only child so keeping herself entertain was something she was use to doing.
It depends, most of the time, I let him watch DVD's while he plays, or I find friends to hang out with!
Books, videos, and art projects!
We're members of the local aquarium and childrens museum so those are our normal go to places but we'll also hit up the play area at the mall or just stay at home and watch movies and do craft stuff.
My kiddos are older so we just read or invite friends over or go to someone's home. Have fun w/ the munchkins!
They usually play in the rain. lol
lately (like today) when the coloring won't occupy them anymore we have been cranking up the tunes and letting them dance like crazy men all over the living room. When that fails....its off to the children's museum!!
I'm wondering where you live because I am in Santa Barbara and was woken up early this morning by pouring rain!!! I would recommend a fun movie if you're out of ideas for a toddler ;)
Usually...we just play inside.. bake something.. watch a movie..
Hello to you,
Visiting from the MBC. I love your blog.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Lori
Rainy days mean the playground at the mall, finger painting, puzzles etc~
We don't usually do a whole lot on rainy days. Sometimes we'll watch a movie together or the kids will help me bake something.
I have something for you on my site!!!!
You guys are so lucky to be in Hawaii.
Post a Comment