Aloha Friday. 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response." To participate just post your own question on your blog, head over to An Island Life, and fill out her linky. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
I can't believe it! Its our 5 year anniversary! Love you babe more than ever! I couldn't be happier and this post would be ridiculously long if I even tried to explain why I love this man. We're heading off to Palm Springs for the weekend...WITHOUT THE BOY! Whaa-Hoo. Ready for some relaxation, pina coladas poolside, and quality time with the hubs. We wanted to make this anniversary extra special. 5 years is big milestone. (wow...we looked so young)

My question:
What's your favorite way you've celebrated an anniversary?









39 comments:
well, before my answer, i would like to greet you first... happy anniversary and congratulations! :)
we have been married 8 years and most of the time, we just go out and eat lunch or dinner at a great restaurant!
Happy Anniversary!!! We are having our 6th in September. We have never really been able to celebrate our anniversary.. We had kids right away..and never really have a babysitter near.. :(
Happy Anniversary!!!! A few years ago we had a stay in date night after the kids were in bed. That was fun.
Happy Anniversary! HAve a great trip. Our favorite anniversary was our 2nd when we spent the night in a hotel room and went to a spa and out for dinner. The only other two anniversaries we've had we haven't been able to go anywhere because I was nursing babies.
Just a quiet dinner with my wife with no kids. This is a big deal since we have 3 kids.
CONGRATS ON 5 YEARS! We have our 10th this fall. I need to plan something romantic and big too. We haven't celebrated since our 5th. Have a wonderful time and take care.
-Kiki
hmmmm....Just having my hubby home from being deployed....that is my fave....hasn't happend yet....lol....I have an award for you over at my place....if you'd like to get it....
awww Happy Anniversary!! You too look so cute in your wedding pic! Enjoy your vacation!
We have been married for 32 years. Early on we used to go away to some hotel and honeymoon again. Now since try to go somewhere;dinner,movie and just out.
CONGRATS! WE'll have been married 4 years in Oct and we've never really done anything on our anniversary!
Renting a limo and going into the city to see a musical was fun.
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/yeah-friday.html
And you both look as stunning today as you did then! Happy Anniversary!!
While I'm unmarried and still waiting to say the I Do's, I can't discuss anniversaries, but I do want to throw in that tomorrow is my parent's 33rd Anniversary and they still act like they're on their honeymoon! I wish this kind of happiness and true companionship and love on you and your husband, as well as all of your readers!
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! My hubby and I have been married for 11 big ones - not too shabby! Our best celebration was going to St. John, USVI. Gorgeous! Happy Aloha Friday!
Happy Anniversary!
I would love to take a 2nd honeymoon for an anniversary. Go back to the beautiful cabin we stayed in and go hiking again. (sigh) I hope we get the chance to do that...maybe next year or in 2 years....
Happy Anniversary!
Our 15th is next week. We do not celebrate, and I can not remember if we ever did:)
Happy Anniversary! My favorite anniversary was our first. We went on a long weekend getaway to Boston and had a fabulous time exploring the city together. Our 8th Anniversary is in a few weeks. My mother already said that she and my father will watch the boys so we can go our for dinner. Not sure if it will happen since I need to pack and it is the last night of school for my kindergarten kid.
Happy Anniversary!!!
Our fifth is in August.
To be honest, we had babies to quickly, every Anniversary has just kind of blown by with nothing too special. But even a night out to dinner, just the two of us, is sheer bliss :)
Happy Anniversary! My hubby and I just recently celebrated our 4th wedding annivesary, although we've been together almost 8 years. He bought me a new laptop! I was stunned, because he usually doesn't do much for our anniversaries. It made my day for sure!
Happy Anniversary!!
Our 9 year is coming up, and I often joke that I've been pregnant for half of our anniversaries and missed one for a military deployment! Hmmm, my fave I think was last year when (yes, pregnant) we went to a reservation-only restaurant co-owned by a friend. We had a really fancy meal (the kind I should have photographed) and a glass of wine (yes, pregnant) and just spent the entire evening together alone, no kids (except the one I carried). That is about as much time as we get together and it was lovely!!
my husband does different things every year, this year he hid 7 cards around the house with chocolate. We've been married 7 years.
Stickie notes and blog posts!!
Seriously, we're not married but we celebrated our first kissiverary with a blog post recounting our first meeting and I came home to stickie notes around the apartment telling me about our first date and our first kiss.
Very special to me.
Congrats on the 5th year anniversary!!
Congrats! What a beautiful picture.
We are lame and have never done anything but go out to dinner. We never even had a real wedding or honeymoon. Just a City Commissioner of Marriage and 1 friend in attendance. How romantic, huh?
Happy anniversary. Just a quiet night out is awesome.
Congratulations. We are heading for our 5 years this December and would love to do something special. Last year my mum was visiting so Matt and I were able to escape for the night. We didnt go far just to a fancy hotel in the city, it was nice having time just for us.
Congrats!!
When I was pregnant with Monkey Luke and I spent the day of our anniversary at the Natural History Museum, watched an IMAX movie and hung out in Downtown Denver. It was a nice way to take it easy before our little one was born.
Happy anniversary! What a beautiful wedding picture!
We celebrated our 10th anniversary with a Caribbean cruise. But usually we just go to dinner and a movie and that is fine with me!
Time alone doing anything you want.
Congrats!
We went on vacation. That's always the best to me. A nice get away.
Happy Anniversary!!!
Just going out to dinner and a movie.
We were married in Maui! Next year will be our 10th year. WE are planning on going back to the same beach and re doing our vows.
Congrats on 5 years : )
It's our 5 year anniversary this June too! How did it fly by so fast!
Congrats!
For our anniversary, we love eating at the restaurant that catered our wedding. I would love to go back to the place that my husband proposed to celebrate, but that's Hawaii :)
Happy Anniversary - I hope you have a fabulous time.
Our best anniversary was our first when we finally took our honeymoon cruise to the Bahamas. It was so worth the wait.
Happy anniversary! We always take a long weekend away together - no interruptions!
THanks for stopping by my sight. Brent loved the surprise on his B-Day. My fav way to celibrate our Ann so far was last year on our 12th when we got to see (12 rows from the stage) Journey (with y=their new lead singer) and Cheap trick. it was a great night of music and seeing Brent Smile. He just had chemo the week before!
katrina
Congratulations and have a great getaway! My husband and I take turns surprising each other with a different quick, kidless trip each year. Last year was our ten year.
This was by far my favorite anniversary....
The Big Surprise
How cute you two were (and are)! How'd your anniversary weekend go? Ours is this weekend. Not sure what we're doing yet, but at least Jake gets Friday off and P's going to gma and gpa's for the evening!
Happy Anniversary! I am sure you had a wonderful time this weekend. We've only been married 3 years and we haven't done anything extra special for the anniversary. Exchange gifts and dinner.
happy (belated anniversary) aloha friday sounds like fun! the best way I spent We spent our anniversary was going to a GypsyKings concer aat a casion & winning $500 to top it off, it was sooo much fun!money, booze & my fave band! ;)LOL (gosh that sounds bad) hahah
Post a Comment