PROJECT MONDAY-Sugar Cookies
As a Mom to a very creative toddler I'm always looking for new crafts to do with him. He loves craft time and I feel its so important. So I'm starting a meme called Project Monday. On Monday's I'm going to start sharing the craft of the week. I'll include the supply list, directions, and lots of cute pictures so you can do this craft with your little one!
Also, I set up the link option to play along. If you have craft projects to share please do! I'm always looking for new ideas. Grab the craft button, link up at the bottom, and get dirty with the kids. Its so much fun!
Sugar Cookies-
Sorry its been a little while. The holidays have been busy! So every year I always associate sugar cookies with Christmas. Its one of those cookies my Mom makes big batches of and has plenty to snack on around the house. When I had a kid of my own I wanted to make a tradition of making sugar cookies for most holidays. They make so many cute cookie cutters now and kids love to help and decorate them. We have made a couple batches so far around here and my little guy loves it! I just wanted to throw out the idea of baking with your kids is totally a craft!
Sorry its been a little while. The holidays have been busy! So every year I always associate sugar cookies with Christmas. Its one of those cookies my Mom makes big batches of and has plenty to snack on around the house. When I had a kid of my own I wanted to make a tradition of making sugar cookies for most holidays. They make so many cute cookie cutters now and kids love to help and decorate them. We have made a couple batches so far around here and my little guy loves it! I just wanted to throw out the idea of baking with your kids is totally a craft!
Here is the recipe we use. My Mom quadruples this recipe and splits it up into fours. Then she freezes the dough. So convenient to pull out an already made dough and make fresh batches as you need them!
Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions:
- Beat butter and shortening on medium to high speed 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and a dash of salt.
- Beat till combined, scraping bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
- Divide dough in half. Cover and chill dough for 3 hours or till easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half at a time to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 375 degrees for 7-8 minutes or until edges are firm and lightly brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Frost away! YUM!







2 comments:
They are getting to such a fun age where they really enjoy doing stuff. Its so much fun
We have had so much fun baking lately!
Post a Comment