Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday Books from Scholastic! 2 Winners-2 Christmas books GIVEAWAY!

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday and now that my toddler is getting older its even more fun!!! He is such a fun age (2 1/2 yrs old). He gets it this year. We have been excited to start our own Christmas traditions with our little family. Easy LOVES books and loves for us to read to him, he always has. So this year one of my goals is to get a collection of Christmas books to read to him during this holiday season. So when I received these two new Christmas books by Scholastic I was excited!


The Christmas Magic:
Far, far North, when the nights are longest and the stars shine brightest, Santa begins to prepare for his big night of giving. He gathers his reindeer, feeds them parsnips and berries, and polishes his bells and his sled. Then lovingly, he chooses toys for every child in the world. For Santa loves them all, and he knows what each child at heart wants most. Then, with the thrum of magic that makes reindeers fly, he spreads the Christmas joy and warmth throughout the world--as he always has -- and always will until the end of time. From best-selling author Lauren Thomas, and Caldecott Honor Artist Jon J Muth

*EC enjoys this book and the pictures are very colorful and entertaining. Very cute and cheery story.*

The Nutcracker and the Mouse King:
On Christmas Eve, Godfather Drosselmeier has arrived with gifts of marvel and enchantment for his young godchildren. Goddaughter Marie falls in love a bewitching nutcracker doll and claims him as her own. Yet when the clock strikes midnight, something terribly amazing happens to Godfather’s handcrafted toys…they come alive. Marie is swept off her feet on an incredible journey with the Nutcracker in this astonishing classic story by E.T.A. Hoffman. Critically acclaimed artist Gail de Marcken’s stunning illustrations bring this spellbinding tale to life.

*EC is to young to understand or keep interested with this book. But its a great one to add to our collection for him to grow into!* Both of these books have colorful illustrations and are great books to read to your family!!!

THE GIVEAWAY:
The people from Scholastic are giving two (2) people the chance to win BOTH of these books!!! TWO WINNERS! Usually I run my giveaway contests for two weeks, but it being so close to Christmas already I will run this contest for one week, so the lucky winners receive their books in time for the holiday!

To be eligible for this giveaway all you have to do is tell me one of your favorite Christmas traditions you do with your family and include your email address with the first comment!

For additional entries:
  • Follow my blog.
  • Follow me on twitter.
  • Tweet about this giveaway and leave the link. (can do this once a day!)
  • Subscribe to my blog via email.
  • Post my button on your blog.
  • (2) extra entries for blogging about this giveaway. Make sure to leave the link.
Make sure you leave separate comments for each telling me you did so. The contest ends Thursday December 10Th. The winner will be chosen randomly. Good luck!

*This product was given to me to review and I did not receive any money compensation. The review is strictly MY opinion. For more details, my disclosure policy is located at the bottom of my blog. *

post signature

36 comments:

Tami

One of our favorite traditions that we hope to pass down to our kids is getting new pjs on christmas eve. I have always done this, and am hoping that they will carry this on with their kids.

iluvmyfamilyof5@hotmail.com

Tami

I follow your blog.

iluvmyfamilyof5@hotmail.com

Tami

I follow you on twitter.

iluvmyfamilyof5@hotmail.com

Tami

I subscribe to your blog via email.

iluvmyfamilyof5@hotmail.com

Tami

Your button is already on my blog.

iluvmyfamilyof5@hotmail.com

Tami

I tweeted about the giveaway.

http://twitter.com/TamiC

iluvmyfamilyof5@hotmail.com

Tami

I blogged about the giveaway #1

http://thecuriels.blogspot.com/

iluvmyfamilyof5@hotmail.com

Tami

I blogged about the giveaway #2

http://thecuriels.blogspot.com/

iluvmyfamilyof5@hotmail.com

Lisa @ Simply Things Family

I love going to the Way of Lights on Christmas.

Unknown

I love that on x-mas eve we get to open up a new pair of pajamas every year. amygmire@live.com we used to also go and serve breakfast to the needy on x-mas morning. we stopped when I got married and moved but I would love to start it up with my family.

Unknown

I follow you on twitter. 1amypugmire. amypugmire@live.com

Unknown

tweeted. amypugmire@live.com
http://twitter.com/1amypugmire/status/6305867722

Evolving Mommy Catherine

One of my favorite traditions is spending a day with my grandma baking tons of cookies.

Anonymous

We always exchange family gifts on Christmas Eve & have a small kids party!

Anonymous

blog follwer

African American Mom

I have yet to start a tradition but my hope this Christmas is for everyone to have the same Pajamas on Christmas Eve. We'll see if my husband cooperates!

Unknown

Our tradition started when I was a little girl. We were allowed to open just one gift on Christmas Eve. That gift was always some new PJs to wear that night and for Christmas morning. I carried that tradition on to my children. My adult daughter has now carried it on to my granddaughters. And my young daughters always look forward to it too. 3 generations later we carry on the cuddly/cozy tradition.

Unknown

Follower!

Unknown

Email Subscriber!

everyday mom of one

Ours is our little downtown christmas parade. It is on the first Saturday after thanksgiving and has illuminated floats and Santa ofcourse. Little One loved it this year. I think it will get better each year with him.

haleyathome@gmail.com

Jaime

my favorite one is making gingerbread cookies with the kids for the tree
copperllama at yahoo dot com

Jaime

follow blog
copperllama at yahoo dot com

Jaime

email subscriber
copperllama at yahoo dot com

Haydensmommy05

I love going around to all the neighborhoods and looking at christmas lights!!
Haydensmommy05@hotmail.com

Haydensmommy05

I tweeted!
http://twitter.com/Haydensmommy05/statuses/6437044038

Tami

I retweeted for today!!

http://twitter.com/TamiC

iluvmyfamilyof5@hotmail.com

Annie

My fav tradition is to have the youngest child hand out the gifts like a Santa Clause - they even get to wear the hat! The smile on their face is priceless!
annie.shultz@Gmail.com

Annie

I follow your blog

Annie

I follow you on twitter

Annie

Your button is up at
http://www.mamadweeb.com/2009/10/amazing-blogs.html

Tami

I tweeted for today!!

http://twitter.com/TamiC

iluvmyfamilyof5@hotmail.com

Tami

I tweeted for today.

http://twitter.com/TamiC

iluvmyfamilyof5@hotmail.com

Annie

Daily Tweet
http://twitter.com/MamaDweeb/status/6559807581
annie.shultz@gmail.com

Talina

This is our first holiday as a family but baking is something we always enjoy doing Christmas Eve. You know making yummy cookies. Now that we have a daughter its gonna be even more fun cause we can involve her!

harvestofdailylifeatgmaildotcom

carol

We open a gift christmas eve. Usually a dvd then we sit around and watch it.

carol

tweeted http://twitter.com/carolp8/status/7163828348

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Design by Indelible Creations May 2009

Jump to TOP