W/W Let the kayak adventures begin!
We recently bought ourselves a 2 person Hobie Kayak with a 3rd seat option! Its perfect for our little family. We had done some research, and tried a few other brands before ultimately making the decision to buy this specific one. This Hobie "Kona" Kayak is super sturdy and a perfect fit. Living where we live, we like to be out in the ocean as much as possible. Its super fun to cruise the harbor and check out the boats and marine life with Easy. He LOVES it! I was a bit nervous at first, but this little guy continues to surprise me. If you never try new things with your toddlers you'll never know how they will react. Because we challenge Easy and ourselves with new and hard situations, I believe its making him the awesome little dude he is. These pictures are from our maiden voyage! SO MUCH FUN!
This last weekend the hubs wanted to see what this kayak is made of. He talked our bro-in-law J into taking the kayak out in the open sea to check out this rock out in the middle. It was hilarious watching them get through the breaking waves. I wish we had video of it. There was a few jumps over board and crashing around with the kayak, but from what I hear once they got through it was soo worth it! They brought some beers out with them and drank them with a seal family. CRAZY COOL! I have full trust in my husbands abilities out in the ocean. He's a long time surfer and all around water/adventure sports guy. He now has a new obsession with kayaking.
Next sport he wants to take up...spear fishing. Oh my... NOW that makes me a little scared.









34 comments:
Too fun! I've always wanted to Kayak; I think it would be fun to do with my husband. But I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about it. One time, we tried rowing together and it was hilarious. I didn't do so well with balancing!
Fantastic photos! It looks as though it was a wonderful day! Happy WW!
That looks like a blast!!
I'm jealous! I want to go kayaking and would love to take the kids!
Quick question, Easy's life vest looks similar to the one I bought Owen (Costco) I have issues with it, it seems to not hold him straight up bu to prop him up on his back or worse face down! It's been a nightmare, does your hold him upright??
Glad you got the new kayak out. It's beautiful. Love that blue. We haven't been out that much this summer. As the cooler weather arrives we will venture out. Lil'D is still working on his paddling. Big D and I are going on a tour along the May River in a week, just the two of us. I hope to see some wildlife. Happy WW and take care.
-Kiki
That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!
Someday maybe I'll get up the nerve to try. Does sound like a fun family activity.
Awesome pictures!
I guess you should at least give spear fishing a try lol But I think kayaking would be more fun!
Can you believe that I've never been in a kayak before? It looks like fun but scary, too!
Seems that you had a lot of fun!
Great shots!
You are married to a daredevil! :)
We love canoeing with out girls! So much fun!
You guys wear me out just reading about all the active stuff you do!
That is going to provide so much fun! Great pictures!
I've never been in a kayak. It looks like fun!
http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/09/wordless-wednesday-fall-is-on-its-way.html
That looks great and I bet love Easy LOVES the boats, Little One would think that was awesome but we have no water in sight LOL
That looks amazing! How fun! I don't think I've ever been in a kayak. I would love to though!
Wow! That sounds like so much fun to do as a family. I would definitely be nervous about it. Good luck with the spear fishing. :)
Happy WW!
How fun! You really are brave and inspiring. I wish I weren't afraid of small boats. I'm always panicked and thinking I'm going to tip over.
That looks like so much fun! Have a blast with your new Kayak!
http://www.themommy-files.com/2009/09/wordless-wednesday.html
So fun! I would love to learn to Kayak. Enjoy!
It looks like we have a theme going this week! My photos are of us kayaking too! I bet Easy loved it. The G-man did!
how fun!!
That looks like so much fun!!!
just stopped by to say hi; saw you lived in So. Calif (more San Diego County? trying to figure that out by your pictures); your little one is a cutie!! that kayaking sounds like a lot of fun and a good thing to do as a family!
I grew up in San Diego area but now live in the Temecula valley, but have been all over it seems
take care and enjoy every minute with Easy; they grow up so quick
betty
HOW fun is that?!!! we love Kayaking!
SO jealous of your beach lifestyle. I would LOVE to kayak any day of the week. So wonderful!
Ooohh, that looks so fun! Happy WW!
Looks like fun!
I don't think I've seen a three person kayak before--looks like a lot of fun!
Hi...I like to read your posts. I will follow you as well. Have a nice day... *winks*
Lots of fun! I kayak with my mom - awesome!
Kayaking sounds like so much fun!!
Lisa in Kentucky
http://theperiwinklepost.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment