Sid the Science Kid (2 DVDS) & Dive Olly Dive DVD Review & Giveaway!
When EC wakes up in the morning I let him snuggle up on the couch and watch his cartoons for a bit. So I'm always on the look out for educational yet entertaining shows.
I recently got the opportunity to review one of the top new shows for kids to premier this past year: "Sid the Science Kid." It's an Emmy nominated PBS series that is produced by The Jim Henson Company and KCET-LA. They sent me both DVDs titled "Change Happens" and "The Bug Club." Each DVD contains four episodes from the TV show!!!
Also included for us to review was a brand new DVD from "Dive Olly Dive." This is a Emmy-nominated, 3D-animated underwater series that airs on PBS Sprout.
For additional entries:
Here is some information on "Sid the Science Kid: Change Happens" and "Sid the Science Kid: The Bug Club:" "Featuring the delightfully inquisitive Sid the Science Kid and his precocious pals, both DVDs celebrate and explore the great outdoors, tackling such questions as why bees live in hives and ants live in anthills, and observing such phenomena as how the heat from the sun can change matter."
EC has never seen these cartoons, but I have heard of them. I was pleasantly surprised!!! Because he is obsessed with all sea animals right now his favorite is the "Dive Olly Dive." This cartoon is soo cute and colorful!
PBS describes "Dive Olly Dive!: Ship Shape Sub" as A "3D-animated DVD for preschoolers that features five episodes, which explores the many interesting facets of ocean life in an entertaining and educational way. With Exciting underwater adventures featured throughout, this lively DVD is a perfect way to cap off a fun-filled day at the beach!"
I won't just let EC watch any cartoon. I'm a bit picky about it. But I highly recommend all three of these cartoons. Honest truth! They're great for all age groups as well.
The giveaway:
One lucky person will also get the opportunity to win "Sid the Science Kid: Change Happens & The Bug Club" and "Dive Olly Dive: Ship Shape Sub" -one set (3 DVDs). Thank You to the people at PBS!
All you have to do is leave a comment telling me who this set (3 DVDs) will be for. Easy!
For additional entries:
- Follow my blog.
- Follow me on twitter.
- Subscribe to my blog via email.
- Post my button on your blog.
- (2) extra entries for blogging about this giveaway. Make sure to leave the link.
Make sure you leave separate comments for each telling me you did so. The contest ends Saturday September, 12Th. The winner will be chosen randomly. Good luck!










55 comments:
Cool! These of course would be for Parker... he LOVES Sid the Science Kid! Never seen the Olly Dive one before though!
I follow your blog
I follow your tweets
My boys would LOVE these cd's!
and I follow your blog
Ohhh they look great I think Little One would love Olly Dive. haleyathome@gmail.com
I follow your blog
I follow your tweets.
Hey come enter my Hylands comp
This set would be for my son. He watches Sid the Science Kid every week! Loves it!
Follow your blog.
Follow you on twitter.
Suscriber to your blog, via e-mail.
Have your button on my blog.
These are awesome!! They would be for my tow year old daughter!!
I follow your blog
I follow you on twitter!!
BTW the first comment is supposed to say "two" not tow!!
I subscribe to your blog through email.
I already have your button on my blog.
http://thecuriels.blogspot.com/
I posted about the giveaway on my blog.
http://thecuriels.blogspot.com/
I posted about the giveaway on my blog #2!!
My son loves to watch Sid the Science Kid on PBS. I keep calling him Sid the Science Guy (Rhymes with Bill Nye the Science Guy - I'm a child of the 70s/80s.).
He always tells me it's too short though. So he'd love to have a DVD he can watch over and over as long as he wants.
My daughter is a huge fan of PBS kids! She would love these dvds!
Karen
ptwob129@hotmail.com
This would be for my little 3 1/2 year old girl. She would love!
I would LOVE to win this for my little boy...he really like Olly, but we've never seen Sid the Science Kid, but I know he'll love it!
sweetpea84074@hotmail.com
I would love to win these for my grandaughter
sylviawhit@gmail.com
This would be for my 4 yr old son and 2yr old daughter. they would both enjoy them. thanks
following on twitter-vickers2622
This will be for my daughter Dylan.
zippieee@msn.com
follower
zippieee@msn.com
follow on twitter
zebastyandylan
zippieee@msn.com
email subscriber
zippieee@msn.com
I have your button.
zippieee@msn.com
Baby Jack will get this set, check his cuteness on my blog. I love Sid- and I love PBS. Nice taste Mommy-Momo!
Landon really likes Sid! I love the song actually and we sing it in the house! HA! I am a follower and tweeter!
I have two big time Science Loving boys in my home who'd be getting these fantastic videos if we were lucky enough to win them. :D
These would be for my youngest son, who thinks Sid is the bomb!
spitfyr323 at hotmail dot com
I'm a subscriber.
spitfyr323 at hotmail dot com
If I were to win this would be for my Two youngest Mason and Leah.
Those sound great...we've never seen Sid, but I love Science, and introducing the kids to it is really fun. I would give these to my little boy!
My son would love this!
OOOOhhhh! my 4 year old Logan loves Sid! He'd love to win this contest!
I subscribe!
sweetpea84074@hotmail.com
These would be for my girls!
These DVD's would be for my granddaughter Sophie.
cherdon@sympatico.ca
thanks for this real nice giveaway
Follow your blog.
cherdon@sympatico.ca
I follow you on twitter.
ID - iamcherdon
cherdon@sympatico.ca
I subscribe to your blog via email.
cherdon@sympatico.ca
If I was lucky enough to win I would give them to my son to enjoy
Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at http://forum.coolcanucks.ca/
bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com
These would be for ME. To entertain the Boys ages almost 4 and 17 months old. My sons name is Gerald so he gets a kick out of hearing his name being called in the show
I follow your Blog
Following u on TWitter @Nightowlmama
These would be for my nephew! Thanks for the chance, justicecw@hotmail.com
I blogged: http://secondtimearound09.blogspot.com/2009/09/sid-science-kiddive-olly-dive-dvds_10.html #1
sweetpea84074@hotmail.com
I blogged: http://secondtimearound09.blogspot.com/2009/09/sid-science-kiddive-olly-dive-dvds_10.html #2
sweetpea84074@hotmail.com
oh gosh all my kids could watch these. we've actually seen a few of them so it would be great to have them perminetly here in the house!
Post a Comment