Monday, September 21, 2009

Project Monday- Pinecone Bird Feeders.


As a SAHM to a very creative toddler I'm always looking for new crafts to do with him. He loves craft time and I feel its so important. So I'm starting a meme called Project Monday. On Monday's I'm going to start sharing the craft of the week. I'll include the ingredient list, directions, and lots of cute pictures so you can do this craft with your little one!

Also, I set up the link option to play along. If you have craft projects to share please do! I'm always looking for new ideas. Grab the button, link up, and get dirty with the kids. Its so much fun!

Photobucket



My first craft to share: Pine cone bird feeders.


This is a classic project that I forgot about. We live off this really cool trail and when looking out our window we're always watching the birds in the trees. So actually my hubs mentioned we should make the pine cone feeders with Easy and hang them off our balcony. He would love to watch them. Great idea! So here it is:



What you need:

  • Heavy duty string or fishing line.
  • Pine cones
  • Peanut butter
  • Spoon/plastic knife
  • Outdoor birdseed
  • Big bowl for mixing
  • Cookie sheet to help with the mess.
What you do:
1. Tie the string around the top of the pine cone.
2. Mix peanut butter and about half of the birdseed.
3. Help your child spread the peanut butter/birdseed mixture over the pine cone, until it's completely covered.
4. Pour the remaining birdseed onto the cookie sheet and roll the pine cone in it.

Messy but easy. Hang your new creation on a tree branch, or in our case on the balcony so we can see the them from the windows and wait for some birds!

Hunting for pine cones.
The messy part.
The finished product!

*Click the Mister Linky below to add your link and play along*



post signature

7 comments:

Angela

That's such a great craft for kids! If you'd like another place to link up your giveaways, you can post them on my Mr. Linky here
http://thesuburbanjungle.blogspot.com/2009/09/manic-mondays-list-your-blog-giveaways.html

Evolving Mommy Catherine

Awww, this craft brings back memories. I should do this with Monkey. Great idea!

Kiki

great craft. we did the same but took old bread and broke it up into pieces, and stuck it all over the pine cone. i like your craft better, and i bet you'll get some amazing birds visiting your backyard. thanks for sharing and take care.
-kiki
p.s.- i have my 1st giveaway on my blog {Mama's In Time Out} today continuing thru 9/28.

everyday mom of one

Excellent Idea now I am sitting here thinking about where I can get pine cones. We will defenently have to do this one. I get slack feeding the birds over summer but now that winter is coming we will be back at it. I have been thinking about crafts to do with Little One so I will defenently join in next Monday

MOMMY-MOMO

If you collect pine cones to do this project. try to collect extra. Next weeks craft might use pine cones as well? we'll see if I can get all the stuff for this CUTE craft!

Together We Save

I love making this with kids. It is such a fun project.

prashant

this craft brings back memories. I should do this with Monkey. Great idea! Work From Home

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Design by Indelible Creations May 2009

Jump to TOP