Friday, December 5, 2008

Year and a half!


"Easy" recently turned 18 months. Crazy! I don't know how to feel about this milestone? It makes me sad how fast he is growing. Tear. At the same time, he is SOOO much fun right now! I love this age. For me the best age yet. Trying to take as much video and pictures I can. He has become my lil' bud and such a joy! So much personality. He cracks us up. He loves to get a laugh. Within this last month his language has quadrupled! He seriously will copy or at least try to mimic everything we say. He goes in parrot mode where we ask him to say words and he repeats them. Its so hilarious. I'm glad I got about a half an hour of this on video last night. He's even started to say full sentences. Funny story... You know those old bus trams that kind of look like trains? Well one drove by and Joel said, "look Easy a train" (he's way into trains right now) and "easy" said..."NOOO daddy, bus!" Hehe. So funny! He's very deliberate the way he speaks so of course it was pretty dramatic with shaking the head NOOO.... And, he has a lisp. It's freakin' adorable. I love it. We will have to see if he will grow out of it or if need to get a little help? No biggie. 


Along with this age he's become more independent and stubborn, and with that some classic toddler misbehaving. He definitely tests us. We started doing time-outs. Not sure how its going? He thinks it funny, and when I tell him "do that again you will sit in time." The stinker puts him self there on his own and smiles! oh lord! What am I going to do with this kid! Any tips on the time-out technique is greatly appreciated!

He is very active and all boy...he oozes boy! Always running, jumping, spitting (not fun), throwing, he sings (my favorite!), dances, makes sound affects with his toys, and is very animated! Sometimes I just watch him in amazement...he's amazing. So pretty much to say the least, I'm very proud of the the little boy he is becoming and love him even more then I could ever imagine!!!

We got our Christmas Tree last night! That was fun! Decorating it tonight. So Christmas pictures up soon. 

11 comments:

Dee

LOL! I think he would get along great with my kid! They are both ALL BOYS..and in need of some time outs! :) I am so excited you're gonna join in on Tuesday..cant wait to see some of your kids drawings or colorings!!

Abby

Happy 18 months! They really do grow up so fast! I agree about getting more and more fun. I hope it continues that way! I don't have a lot of advice about the time-outs. We have just started with them because the G-man is now 15 months. It is hard to make him sit still for a whole minute, but he does seem to know that he has done something wrong when we put him in time out.

everyday mom of one

I say congratulations, i think Jack at 15 months is at a great age for all the same reason, their funny little sense of humors really start to shine through.

I read that if you have a pack and play use that for a time out, dont put toys or anything in there just put them in there and explain they have to stay in there, put them in a spot where they can't see you as taking them from your attention is the real time out .

I have a feeling we will be starting them soon Jack has been quite close a couple of times today.

Jennifer

Your little guy is so cute:) My son is also 18 months, he his doing all the same things! It nice to hear someone else feels the way I do:)

Mamatoosi

That boy is so adorable and freakin' smart! I could tell that day I watched him how his little wheels were turning in his head. He is so observant of people and their actions/reactions. I fear for you as he gets older and starts "outsmarting" you two! *laugh*

Anonymous

18 months, yay! Has anyone warned you that the terrible two's start now?! Yup, at 18 months, watch out, hehe. (No one warned me! and it hit both my kids at that age. Suddenly they would say no and find lots of trouble.) But it's also a fun age because he'll start talkign much more!

Abby

I had to put G-man in a time out last night because he hit the dog in the face with a Christmas ornament and then when I took it away he hit me in the face. He did seem to understand he was in trouble and he say in timeout for a minute. I though about you. Oh and I stuck him in the corner and realized that I didn't have a watch on, so I just counted t0 60 in my head!

Also, I just tagged you!

Toni

It just gets better and worse! Worse in that it passes so fast! H will be 2 tomorrow!!!

We do time out in his bed (our docs suggestion) I don't let him have his paci or "froggy" while he is in there.

Good luck

Rachel

:) He is soooo cute!!!! Happy 18th Month! My daughter turns 18 months next weekend. She's a little parrot just like Easy. Isn't it hilarious!?!?!?!?

Following In My Shoes

Unknown

I am having such a hard time with time-outs too, she doesn't think it is a punishment, just "ok I'm sitting in this chair now"

The Mrs.

He is a stinker! Adorable as hell but a stinker! LOL!!!! We do time outs with a timer (2 min, a min per age year) and then IGNORE him. If he gets off the chair we put him back. He gets upset!!!

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Design by Indelible Creations May 2009

Jump to TOP