PROJECT MONDAY-Turkey handprints and footprints
As a Mom to a very creative toddler I'm always looking for new crafts to do with him. He loves craft time and I feel its so important. So I'm starting a meme called Project Monday. On Monday's I'm going to start sharing the craft of the week. I'll include the supply list, directions, and lots of cute pictures so you can do this craft with your little one!
Also, I set up the link option to play along. If you have craft projects to share please do! I'm always looking for new ideas. Grab the craft button, link up at the bottom, and get dirty with the kids. Its so much fun!
This cute turkey is made from your child's handprints and footprints, cut out of construction paper. It makes for a nice Thanksgiving decoration as well as an adorable keepsake! I love making crafts out of Easy's handprints and footprints to remember how small he was.
What you need:
- Brown, red, orange and yellow construction paper
- Pencil
- Scissors
- Glue
- Googly eyes (optional)
What to do:
- Trace around your child's feet using brown construction paper. These two pieces will be the turkey's body.
- Trace around your child's hands using red, orange, and yellow construction paper. These 6 pieces will be the turkey's feathers.
- Glue the two footprints together to make the turkey's body. (The heels make the head area.)
- Cut out a round wattle and a orange beak. Glue the wattle, beak, and googly eyes (or paper eyes) to the turkey's head. Make two legs from paper and glue them to the back of the body (or use pipe cleaners and tape them to the back).
- Glue the handprint feathers to the back of the turkey.
Here is our finished product!
*Click the Mister Linky below to add your link and play along*








4 comments:
DARLING!!!!
that is VERY VERY CUTE!!!
Very Cute, if you decide to do some preschool stuff at home let me know I would love to see what you and Easy do.
omg this brings back memories ... I did this with my sons when they were little -- we also did a handprint wreath at christmas.... wah where has the time gone!
Post a Comment