Aloha Friday. So Sleepy!
"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response." To participate just post your own question on your blog, head over to An Island Life, and fill out her linky. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
Ahhh yes... another morning sitting here trying to wake up at 545 am! Sooo sleepy! What is it with my toddlers internal clock? He wakes EVERY morning at 545! He has for a year now. It doesn't matter if he goes to bed at 730 or 1030. I've tried everything... I think?
My question:
What time does your kids wake up? Is there hope for me? Advice? Help!









21 comments:
My oldest (4.5) wakes at 6am...ugggh. Youngest is still sleeping now (2) Lightblock shades make all the difference! We bought some to put up - haven't done it yet - but they worked like a charm in the past. 8am for both girls...
oh yeah... I got the black out curtains :)
We think we may finally get the room darkening shades to help this summer. My oldest (almost 6) is usually up between 6-7 no matter when he goes to sleep. The little guy (just 2) wakes during the night recently. If he sleeps most of the night he is usually up at about 6:30.
My youngest has always been an early riser but it has gotten better. She's 5 and this summer she's been sleeping until about 7:30 a.m.
I won't be much help. Clock work for us too. Charlie sleeps until 6, like your situation regardless of what time she went to sleep! At least she is consistent ;) I'm usually up that early anyway.
Alex wakes up around 6:30/7. There are days he wakes up earlier than that (6-ish) and on those days, he naps for 3-4 hours. At least I get some rest later in the day from him waking up early. I have no clue how to make him sleep longer but I guess it doesn't matter since I won't be sleeping much soon anyway. ;)
They will sleep longer as they get older or mine did I hope yours do to
My son used to wake up around 5:30 when he was a toddler but my daughter would just wake up whenever & come crawling into bed w/ us.
Now both kids are up around 7am except when school is in session. Then I have to drag them kicking & screaming out!
Usually he is up at 6:30ish. It was 6 for a while there but he has slept a little later the past few days. He slept until 7:15 today. Or course! The day I was up at 4:45! Typical!
My oldest two wake anywhere between 8-9:30 depending on the day and what time they went to bed. My one year old wakes all through the night. When daylight hits at 5:30 its much harder to get him back to sleep. Lets just say I am praying for an early winter!
My only advice I can think of is to eliminate naps. Some kids if they nap during the day they are up all night. Thats how my four year old is. He stopped taking naps around two. If he did take one it couldn't be any longer than 20 minutes or he was up all night.
My kids are 9 and 13 (my son just turned 13 yesterday) so they are sleeping a little later, 8 am. And now that they are older, I don't necessarily have to get up when they do anyway.
Around 9am. They go to sleep pretty late though.
My Aloha Friday :)
I am a lucky parent. My son was sleeping through the night at 5 weeks and wakes up at about 7am everyday. Only if he stays up super late or has a bad dream does he wake up early, like between 5:30-6pm. Have a wonderful weekend and Aloha!
BTW, I changed my URL and I thought that since you follow me you might want to update that on your dashboard. Sorry for the inconvenience. My new URL: http://www.mamasintimeout.blogspot.com
-Kiki
I only have one little kiddo - almost 2 years old. I am soooo fortunate I can't even believe, we both sleep until 9 or 9:30. She's always done that .....and since I'm NOT a morning person I am grateful forever for this easy child.
Princess Mimi wakes up between 5:30 and 6:00 am every single day for the past 2 years, sorry to break it to you (ha)
Monkey sleeps until 7:30 on average but sometimes she sleeps in until 9 or even 10. I know, crazy! I wish I had some advice for you. If I think of anything I will let you know!
my girls (6 and 4) wake up anywhere from 6 am to 8am. luckily our bedroom is right next to the living room and they know they come down stairs and turn on the tv and watch cartoons until i get up. they dont get into anything it's fantastic. and their super quiet. they never wake me up. our sons room is just across the hall from us so its nice too because he gets to sleep in. he usually wakes up anywhere from 7am to 830 am. i dont make my girls take naps unless they are being really "crappy". with gavin he takes a nap every day at 1130 and then goes to sleep around 7pm to 830pm and wakes up 7am to 830 am. before we moved him down stairs he would go to sleep at 630 or 7 and not wake up until 8am even still taking a nap in the day. i think the new room is still taking alittle getting used to. good luck.
6:30--much better than the 5:30 wake up calls that we got as recently as one month ago!
Landon wakes up between 6-7 am. No matter what time he goes to bed or how tired he is. No late nights in the Blunt house that's for sure.
my eldest (5 years old) wakes up before 7 while my youngest (2 years old) wakes up at around 630... so roughly the same time..
my kids used to wake up at that time too.. all i can say is as they grow up, they adjust... well, that is what happened in my case....
6am. Sucks!!!
Post a Comment