This is EC and his last moments with his binky or as he called it his "babies." We finally did it! Is been almost two weeks BINKY FREE!!! Whoo-hoo... we're so proud of our big boy!!! We were dreading the day of taking away the binky imagining days and days of crying and begging and EC being sooo distraught. Boy, did he surprise us. NOT ONE TEAR!!!
The Story: I envisioned this special send off. We made an evening out of it. We bought 4 balloons to attach his binky too and wave good bye to it as it flys in the sky up to heaven to be with other babies, because he is a big boy now. So we get to the top of these cliffs over looking the ocean. I open the door and 3 out of the 4 balloons fly out of the truck. Hubs goes chasing them down. They were gone. What a bummer. We have one balloon left. It wasn't enough to float the binky so hubs takes out his tools and starts removing the extra plastic around the binky. We go to send it off on the one balloon and no kidding a guy comes running out of nowhere chasing after the balloon saying, "I got it!" He caught the balloon and returned it to us. We were like, "Thanks" giggling. Then EC hits the balloon all excited and pops it! NO MORE BALLOONS and still the binky. Long story short, hubs ended up throwing the popped balloon in the air and then chucking the binky into the field. EC seemed to not see it. We started cheering. So he got excited. So not what I pictured. Pretty funny!
He asked for it for about a week, but then we would explain what happened to it and that he is a big boy now and he totally excepted it. So proud of my big boy!!
10 comments:
That's like a comedy of errors! LOL Glad he's okay without it now :)
Thats so great! I took Evan's away when he was about 18 months and it went a lot better than I expected!
The best laid plans always go awry it seems.
After all that I feel like that binky was trying to tell you something! Maybe you should go back to that field and save it in a box under your bed? Seems like it belongs with you guys or something!
Congrats :)
What a funny story!
I remember those days!
very funny story!
OMG, that is hilarious. As parents, when ever we imagine a situation - it never happens the same.
I am so glad you did it! What a relief. My daughter is next, we have tried a few times, with lots of tears. Now, we just need to do it and not give in =(
Oh my goodness I love how you did this...what an excellent way, even though it didn't go as planned.
I love this story. It cracked me up even reading it a second time.
Oh my! That is pretty funny!
Post a Comment