Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Changes...

My Baby Boy and Me

It's three AM, they're all asleep,
and no-one's here to see.
As we rock slowly back and forth,
My baby boy and me.

His little hand is feather light
Tucked up against my chin.
I hold his tiny hand in mine,
and stroke his baby skin.

The house about us creaks and groans,
The clock hands creep around.
He snuggles closer to me still,
And makes his baby sounds.

I love these quiet hours so much,
And cherish every one.
Store memories up inside my heart
For lonely nights to come.

All too soon he'll be grown up,
His need for mama gone.
But until then I still have time
For kisses and for song.

Time for quiet hours like this
With him cuddled in my arms,
Where I wish he'd always stay
Protected, safe and warm.

And yet I know the day will come
When his tiny little hand,
will be bigger than my own.
He'll grow to be a man.

But until then he's mine to love
With no one here to see.
As we rock slowly back and forth,
My baby boy and me.

...Author Unknown

ahhh man..this poem says it all! Makes me choke up for sure. Ethan Chase is growing WAY to fast and its starting to make my heart ache! Don't get me wrong...he is at the funniest age right now. He's soaking up the world and his little personality is oozing out! Seriously, he's full of it! So many shenanigans up his sleeves and keeps me on my toes. But he's changing. Not sure how I feel about it? He doesn't nurse anymore and now for the most part he doesn't want me rocking him to sleep. Sad. Tear. There are still those glimpses where he will bring me his blankie and just sit on my lap and cuddle and oh man do I eat those moments up and try to take it in. I love those sticky hugs! I try to breathe it in and enjoy it. Sometimes I feel like I put him down for a nap and when he wakes up he already looks different? Too dramatic? HeHe. He is such a sweet boy with an amazing heart. He is becoming much more independent now and enjoys playing on his own. I catch him reading his books, playing with his toys, talking to Toby, or getting into some sort of trouble ( and boy does he!) I love to sit back and watch without him knowing my presence. Those are the most innocent moments.

okay...enough mushy stuff for now...some funny "Easy E" moments:

Went to change his diaper the other day and I had a surprise, some nice prezzies! He had q-tips and a toy car shoved down his diaper...for who knows how long? Funny guy. He knew what he did and had the funniest smirk on his face!

He hides. Well, he thinks he's hiding. I can totally see him in the corner. With so much excitement and anticipation on his face! He thinks its hilarious when you find him. He screams in delight and takes off running. We got this on video. Priceless.

He likes to dress up. To daddy's delight its little boy dress up for sure. He will bring two different shoes to me and sit in my lap to put them on. And find random articles of clothing around the house to wear. A lot of the time its something of Joel's. Joel's hat, or even his work boats...which he cant walk in. He just stands there with them up to his knees. Too cute! The best is he has this sweat band and he loves to wear it around his arm. We figured out why. He's copying us. We wear our ipods around our arms when we go running, and this seems to be around the time he wants his arm band! AMAZING!!

2 comments:

Mamatoosi

*laugh* Can you post the video of the hide-and-seek?

Anna Ingalls

oh man, that made me all cry'ie. He is getting so big, how wierd is to think that not too long from now we will be having conversations and he'll say 'mom I want to go live with aunt dolly and uncle saucy'. And you will say 'okay'. Weelllll, maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration. but gosh, so sweet. i love the whole sweatband thing. sooo precious. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!! love you.

  © Blogger template 'BrickedWall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Design by Indelible Creations May 2009

Jump to TOP