Aloha Friday: Couponing
"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response." To participate just post your own question on your blog, head over to An Island Life, and fill out her linky. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!
Okay... I have to admit... couponing has become my new hobby obsession. I wouldn't call myself an extreme couponer (even though I'd secretly like to), but I'm somewhere in between. I'm slowly building my stockpile of food, laundry detergent, toiletries, etc. I get jazzed every time I get stuff for free or for pennies. Not only am I stocking up on items we will eventually use, but I've managed to cut our grocery budget IN HALF... And we're eating good! We have a ton of food in the house! Because I'm getting most of our dried goods for either nothing or dirt cheap I'm able to spend the cash on good quality produce and meats. I'll blog more about this and share tips along the way, but until then my question for the week is:
DO YOU COUPON? IF SO, DO YOU HAVE A STOCKPILE?









13 comments:
I don't coupon like crazy. We just clip a few here and there that we can use on what we normally buy or would like to try.
Nope, I don't coupon, I quit years ago, when I realized I was spending more money using coupons. Just because I had a coupon I bought some things I really didn't need. Therefore, quit using coupons and buy only what I need. Like Amy if I use coupons it is only on what I was going to buy anyway.
i watch the sale adds! w ralphs doubling coupons Im able to get stuff for free!
I have always used coupons to some extent. My father always does and it was just natural for me to do so when I had my own family. Now I think I am getting better really saving money. But I'm nowhere near extreme.
I used to coupon back in the 1980's when we could get access to them. So much so I was able to buy my china and crystal with the money I saved.
Now in Canada, we just don't have the amount of coupons we used to but when I do find one I can use, I do.
I am just now beginning to coupon. I definitely do not have a stock pile, nor do I really know where to get coupons. I get the Sunday Paper occasionally, but if there are no coupons I need out of there I am discouraged to buy it again. I am going to give it the month of August and see what the outcome is.
I do coupon but, I don't have a huge stockpile. I really don't need more 'stuff'.
Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/08/moms-wearing-junior-clothes/
I used to be a mad couponer with tons all filed neatley. Now I just use them when I can. Finding time and getting my printer to work right is what holds me back.
I coupon, but the big ones usually anything that I really use & it comes in the mail. Have a great weekend. Following you.
I do coupon - in fact it is to the point where my daughter asks if we have a coupon for something before she asks to get it :-) I have a small stockpile on a few things, like TP, papertowels, sauces, pasta and dishwashing soap. I do intend to have that grow - but I don't want to get out of hand.
Oh - and I meant to say - thanks so much for visiting my blog :-) I am a new follower.
No, I don't coupon. I never remember to use them!
Kailani
An Island Life
YES! I haven't done it in the past few weeks, but I do. I'm also not super crazy coupon lady, but I do like to match just what's on sale with my coupons. My husband did a huge floor to ceiling built in on one of the walls in our mud room specifically for my stockpiles. Its best to buy them BOGO WITH a coupon, get it for free, and get lots of them than wait to pay full price when I actually need it! :) I get neighbors/family who don't use coupons to give me their inserts so I spend nothing to get them and then use printable ones.
Post a Comment